The World Health Organization (WHO) has released a formal public health advisory for competitors and sports fans attending the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.
In the opinion of the WHO, there is no increased risk of spreading the Zika virus, as Brasil is only one of 60 countries affected by the Zika virus to date. The WHO public health advice can be found here.
Please study the recommendations. In addition to the WHO recommendations, we suggest you:
- Procure plenty of insect repellent prior to your trip. Insect repellent may become a scarce commodity at the events.
- Use the insect repellent when in open spaces.
- Wear long-sleeve clothing.
- Do not sleep with open windows.
- Use an insecticide to terminate all mosquitos in your hotel room.
- DO NOT FLY to Brazil if you are pregnant!